I’ve created a few simple lists which are helping me as I am creating a regular routine for studying the Bible. I desire to grow as a Christian, and to strengthen my relationship with Christ. I intend to achieve this through prayer (Colossians 4:2) and reading my Bible (Psalms 119:105).
If you have any suggestions, tips or resources that work for you please let me know so that I can add them to this page!
Tools for Studying the Word
- Set aside time for yourself to read your Bible (It may be helpful to set a reminder on your cellphone for you to read your Bible.)
- Find a quiet place where you can concentrate on Him.
- Pray before you open your Bible.
- Keep your Bible in a safe place that is easy to find.
10 Minute Bible Study*
- Read a verse. (See below for awesome list of Bible verses, I am working through this list as well.)
- Take a moment of silence to meditate on the Word.
- Write down your initial reactions, thoughts, and interpretations.
- Re-read the verse highlighting and under lying anything that stands out to you.
- If certain words or phrases stood out to you , ask yourself why?
- If questions come-up, write them down. If you misunderstood something, or there is something that you would like to know more about, write-it-down.
- Think about how this verse or chapter can be incorporated into your life.
- Reread the verse.
*It is okay if this does not take you 10 minutes! Especially at first it may take some time. Right now I’m averaging about 15 minutes.
My example, with the verse that inspired Bliss Seekers Matthew 6:33.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Initial Reactions and Questions
- Seek, find, found, ALL.
- What words stood out to me?
- Seek (what am I seeking? What needs to be found? Is it rooted in magnifying the Lord?
- His Kingdom (what is God’s Kingdom?)
- All (All of what things? How will I know what I need to do?)
- Added (Given to me? Granted to me? Can it be taken away?
How can I incorporate this chapter into my life? By learning to seek God with all of my heart, by following his commands and by learning to glorify Him in my actions. (I’m actually in the process of working through this entire chapter which I highly recommend).
4 Materials You need
- Quiet Time
If you are interested in connecting with a community of other Christians in your journey with Christ Bliss Seekers is for you. 🙂